Thứ Sáu, 13 tháng 6, 2014

Is Piracy Theft?

This just crossed my mind the other day as I was reading an article online that stated this question. "Is Piracy Considered Theft?" At first I thought to myself, why yes it is because you are taking money away from the developer. For my examples I am going to use gaming developers. 

Minecraft creator Markus Persson’s has made the statement that “Piracy is not theft. If you steal a car, the original is lost. If you copy a game, there are simply more of them in the world.” Which I am pretty sure a lot of people would expect a computer game developer to oppose piracy but no he doesn't. 

And he also went on to make the comment of “There is no such thing as a ‘lost sale’… Is a bad review a lost sale? What about a missed ship date?” 

I personally think you are taking money away from the creator of the software or whatever you are pirating cause they developed it and wanted to make profit off of it. 

So now I want to know what everyone on TBN decisions are! So let us know if you think it is theft in a way or not really and explain why you think it so this can be a discussion thread!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét