Thứ Sáu, 15 tháng 8, 2014

International Apostrophe Day: 20 things you should never say to a grammar pedant

Aah, the faithful apostrophe. Overused, misused, underused and generally misunderstood, it’s now been given its own day. Yes, August 15 is International Apostrophe Day.
To celebrate the one day of the year when we grammar pedants have a viable excuse to talk about that little dot with a tail (it’s cute, no?) here are 20 things we struggle with each and every day of the year. So be gentle with us.
1. ‘Can you send me the label’s please?’
The label’s what? What should I send to you that belongs to the label?
2. ‘There not really trying, are they?’
I can’t even.
3. ‘Your really starting to take this seriously, aren’t you?’
I refer you to my previous comment.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét